Wednesday, July 30, 2008

FO:Cotton Bamboo Girl Tank

Pattern: Cotton Bamboo Girl Tank by Sara and Joelle Meier Rioux
found in Classic Elite Make it Modern
Needles: Clover Bamboo US3 16" and Susan Bates US5 29"
Yarn: Classic Elite Cotton Bamboo 6 skeins of Orchid Ice
Buttons from Joann Fabrics
The cotton bamboo tank is done and already worn to work today. I love it! I'm learning the hard way that I need a bit of negative ease in my garments. This tank is just a little too baggy and since I'm sure the cotton will stretch I do wish I had chosen the small size. It's no big deal, I can take the side seams in if I really want to. I think I'll wear it a couple of times and see what I think. The pattern is really easy and very well written, it was so pleasant to knit. Picking up stitches for the armholes while not my favorite part, made for some nice cap sleeves. I'm probably in the minority but I don't really like to wear sleeveless shirts to work but the cap sleeves are just enough to make me comfortable. The yarn is amazing. Soft, silky and not too heavy. The color is a beautiful mix of purple and pink, I wish the pictures could capture it. I absolutely love the cotton bamboo and I am going to get more of it I promise you. Perhaps a flutter sleeve top is in my future. This booklet is hands down my favorite pattern book and I'm slowly going to make everything in it. I don't have too much more to say about this, it was just a nice, easy, fun knit that I really enjoy wearing. The only slight complaint, it wrinkled during the day easily.

A nice shot of the very cool short row cap sleeves

And the buttons that are a perfect match, how lucky was that! Thanks to my husband who came with me to Joann Fabrics on our anniversary and helped me pick them out, what a sweety.

My sister's gift is all done in time for her birthday tomorrow, as payment I'll get some shots of her modeling it this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it came out great! And it looks so nice on too! I prefer my knits a bit on the larger side, but that's just me. Your stiches look perfect. Great job.