Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FO:Button Up Shrug


Pattern: Button Up Shrug from Classic Elite Make it Modern Kristen TenDyke
Yarn: Classic Elite Soft Linen a little over 4 balls
Needles: Denise US5 and US6

These are probably some of the most unflattering pictures of myself but I'm in a meh kind of mood. This has been done for a month but I just got enough energy to do the FO shoot today and get it out of the way. If I could keep this shrug on I would like it but the button holes need tightening and I'm not sure it will ever sit well on my shoulders. I guess I should have made the smallest size (I made a medium). I know what needs to be done, I need to rip out each end and make it shorter, then maybe it will be wearable. I really don't want to do it. I have to decide if it is worth the work and frankly I'm not sure it is. The shrug looked really cute in the booklet but the arms are big and I'm not sure it flatters my body at all. As far as the pattern goes this was a very easy knit but I don't like how loose the button holes are and may try another method if I were to make this again. The yarn requirement is way off which is annoying for such an expensive yarn. I have nearly two complete balls left over which is about $20. I don't see any finished ones on Ravelry yet so I'm not sure if it is just me, it will be interesting to see some other finished shrugs. I've been knitting like crazy lately so I should have some more flattering FOs to show very soon :) Now if you'll excuse me I have some seaming to do!

No comments: