Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Sparkly Arielle

This is one of those projects that goes from idea to reality in the blink of an eye. I was stopping in to Joann Fabrics on the way home from work this week to pick up some topstitching thread when I spotted this sparkly butterfly denim. It's in no way practical but I immediately grabbed it and 1 yard came home with me. I knew immediately it was going to be an Arielle skirt, a pattern I have wanted to make since it came out. It was cut out yesterday and stitched up and photographed today. I just couldn't wait to see how it looked.

 I made a straight 3 based on my measurements. I have made two other Tilly and the Buttons patterns so far and I felt pretty good that this would fit so I dove right in. I cut the long version and then took off three inches during hemming to get the length I wanted. That is it! I think the fit is spot on and I am totally smitten with the skirt. It's more quirky than I typically wear and who knows how long it will last, but sometimes you need to sew something fun.

I did not line the skirt since the denim was fairly substantial and I finished the facing with bias tape. The seams are serged because I didn't think I had enough tape to bind them all. Buttons are from the stash.

Not much else to say about this, it was a quick, easy, fun make.