Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WIP it Good

I like to see progress shots, especially lace projects. The transformation that happens during blocking lace is fascinating. Sunday evening I started the Swallowtail Shawl, I'm through 10 pattern repeats with 4 to go before I start the lilly of the valley border. I'm using Knitpicks gloss lace and I can't say I'm thrilled but we'll see after blocking. I think working with the Alpaca with a Twist Fino has spoiled me. I'm making this to wear to a wedding but I almost think finishing my long hibernating Print O' the Wave stole would be better. It is far from completion and I have a month to go, I don't know that I need any knitting deadline stress right now.


Lest you think that I have turned into a lace knitter I'll show you my progress so far on the Printed Silk Cardigan. I took a week off between lace projects to work a bit on this. Kinda boring shot so far, I'm ready to start the fun part and so far my measurements are working out like I calculated. I just love the Ella Rae Silkience and think this will be a great sweater. Unfortunately it is on hold while I finish the shawl.


Next up one lonely hexagon for arabesque. This is a long term project so I'm hoping to get about one hexagon done a week until the fall. They are fun and only take a couple of hours.


That's pretty much all I've got, I'll spare you a shot of my sock as it is only a few rows further than the last time I posted about it. It's fun but I don't think I'll be turning into a sock knitter any time soon.


No comments: