Thursday, March 20, 2008

FO: Wicked-ish

I finished up my version of a Wicked type raglan this weekend and wore it to work today.


Pattern: Based on pictures of Wicked by Sarah and Rachael

Needles: Denise US7

Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers

Overall I'm pleased with this top. It works nicely as a vest and fits pretty well. I love the color and I think this FO will see a decent amount of wear. The Cascade 220 was nice to knit with, not my favorite yarn but a good one. I think this only took about 2-3 weeks with other projects mixed in. It was a bit liberating not to have a pattern at first.

I've been making progress on Buttony, last night I split for the armholes. I will definitely like wearing this sweater, the black color is so vivid in real life and they Brown Sheep yarn is really soft.

I've also finally cast on for the Tilted Duster! I am so excited for this knit. I bought the magazine this fall and the yarn on my first trip to WEBS over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm part way through the back and I have to say so far the Peruvia is a dream to work with. It is sooooooo soft I love it. Hopefully the finished project will wear well. Call me crazy but after three top down raglans I am so ready to seam up a sweater. I can't believe I said that but those long rows before you split off for the sleeves go on forever. I guess I like having small milestones with seamed up sweaters. So I'm pretty much splitting time between these two projects though I may take some time off to knit another Bluebird. I knit one in red Ultra Alpaca but gave it to my grandmother without taking a picture. We had the first family gathering at our house last weekend and with all the crazy house cleaning we had to do I'm just glad I finished the bird.

No comments: