Sunday, March 9, 2008

FO: Textured Tunic

Here is my Textured Tunic dry and with buttons


Pattern: Textured Tunic from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel
Needles: Susan Bates US 9 and Clover US9 DPNS
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed 4 Skeins


Modifications: Where to start. This is the second pattern I have made from this book and I'm a little disappointed. The yarn I used gave me a different gauge but following the directions for the second size gave me a sweater slightly larger than the smallest size of 34.5". I added some waist shaping and only did slits on the bottom part, not the weird flap thing the directions called for. I am rather well endowed in my hip area and I thought the sweater would be too tight with the flaps. I didn't make button holes but did sew some on because I liked the look. I knit the sleeves in the round but they came out way too tight so I ripped them out and did not do the decreases. When I got near my wrist I increased a couple times to give a slight flair to the sleeve.

I'm not sure how I feel about this sweater, it fits OK and looks nice enough but I'm not sure about the bottom. This was my first time adding my own waist shaping and I think I could have done a better job. The yarn is nice and I'll be able to wear it against my skin but I could have gone down another needle size. If I were to do it again it would be nice to use a yarn with some more drape, perhaps a silk blend. If the neckline stretches out I may try to do a crochet chain around to tighten it up, we'll have to see how it wears.

No comments: