Thursday, February 7, 2008

FO: Gemma Beret

Short post since it is Lost night, I just couldn't wait to show this off.

Pattern: Gemma Beret by Sarah Hatton
Needles: Addi US3, Denise US8 and US9, Clover Bamboo DPN US8
Yarn: Valley Yarns Sugarloaf
I had to rip the initial version of this as it was way too big. I cast on 90 stitches in the round and increased to 108 after the ribbing. The next increase I think I had 114 stitches but now I don't remember. Knit to about 15cm and winged the decreases. I decreased according to the pattern directions except I left out one 3 row section. I think it came out pretty good. I'm not sure if I will block it right away or not, since this is a merino microfiber mix I'm not sure it will do much. I love this yarn, it is very soft and not itchy at all. I wish the color would photograph better, it really is a beautiful rust color in person.
The Back to School vest is finished but we won't talk about that right now, it is being punished.
I went to the Super Bowl sale at Woolworks Sunday. It had been awhile and it was nice to stop in and chat for a few minutes, everyone there is so nice. I was fortunate enough to pick a 33% discount out of the bowl, I'm so glad I had a decent amount of yarn in my hands :) Below you see some Tahki Donegal Tweed in a lovely cream mix. 5 skeins for the Textured Tunic from Fitted Knits. Penny is worried I didn't buy enough since the guage might be off but she has been wrong before.


For my Mother's Day I want to make a Lilly of the Valley shawl from Lace Style out of this Alpaca with a Twist Fino in cream. I love this yarn, my Print 'O the Wave stole is using the same yarn and I really liked the feel. My mom also admired it one time I was working on the stole at their house so I'm sure she'll appreciate her own item out of the Fino. Plus, if it is a gift it will get done :)


p.s. spell check isn't working so I appologize if there are errors. Blogger really ticks me off sometimes.

No comments: