Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's good to be home, not so good to be going back to work tomorrow. We got back from the inlaws Sunday night. It wasn't a bad trip other than the 8 hour drive up there in the snow storm. It usually takes 2 hours from Webs, this time it took 5 and was not fun at all. Webs was packed. We picked out our yarn and got a couple things from the warehouse and were on our way. Hubby wants a sleeping cap with stars and one crescent moon (way to make it easy on me) so he picked out some Filaturia Di Crosa Zarina, a fingering weight yarn in blue and white.

I picked up some Valley Yarns Sugarloaf in a nice rust color for a moss stitch beret, I don't think now that I bought enough but we'll see.
Some Rowan 4 ply soft and Mondial Extrafine for Eunny Jang's Endpaper mits.

And finally some olive Valley Yarns Sugarloaf and some cream Ella Rae Classic for the Bird in Hand mittens. I'm stupid and can't do math so I didn't buy enough of the green yarn. I should have stuck with the Cascade 220 or Ultra Alpaca but I had my heart set on this green. Stupid me. Now I have to order one more skein. I do have to note that the sugarloaf is not good for this pattern, it is too thick and hurts my hands on the US1 I am using. this is the progress so far on one mitten. Maybe I'll finish it tonight, I only have 1 sleeve left to the Drops jacket and I really want to wear that.

These were my knit related gifts. The latest Interweave and Knitter's magazines, Fitted Knits and Lace Style. Hubby got me the needle size checker thing and the thimble for color work (another reason for the Webs stop, just had to try it). The thimble is cool, I really have a hard time holding the yarn in my right hand so I used it for about half the mitten. I really don't care if it is cheating or not. I'm really excited about Fitted Knits, I think the cover sweater will be first. Once I've knit all I have already bought yarn for...

No comments: