Sunday, November 25, 2007

Webs!

I have to say I love Webs and I wish it were closer. Man they have a lot of yarn, it's so hard not to go crazy there. I was a good girl and stuck to my list, even left one item off to keep myself within budget. My husband was a good sport for going out of the way especially when I got us a little lost...but he got something good out of it.

Pattern: Dashing from Knitty
Yarn: Berroco Love It in an Olive colour, little over 1 skein
Needles: Colver Bamboo US7

I think he enjoyed the store, it took him awhile to make a decision as to which yarn he liked best. I was a little surprised he picked a cotton yarn but the finished product looks and feels great. I think they will wear really well too. I cast on Wednesday night after we arrived and had them finished by Friday evening so it was a pretty quick project and now my hubby will stop bugging me for them. Not that that is a bad problem to have, any excuse for more knitting is fine by me :) I have some yarn left and am thinking I may try to make myself or his nephew a smaller pair if there is enough. I will definitely purchase this yarn again.

As for myself :) I picked up 9 balls of Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky in Olive for a Drops Jacket.


7 skeins of Berroco Peruvia in Chipotle for a Tilted Duster I bought that Interweave Knits magazine for


And finally the Spring 2005 issue of Interweave knits for the vintage pink cardigan pattern though there are a few other items I'd really like to make from this magazine as well.

All in all it was a very successful trip and I think it may need to become a permanent stop on the way to my in laws :) I do like my LYSs but for brands they don't carry Webs rocks. I meant to knit more today, my Mom's gift is a little behind schedule but we had to start the Christmas decorating process today, yeay! I think now that all the errands and cleaning are done I'll sit down with my knitting and maybe swatch a bit with my new yarn, I've been waiting all weekend to play with it!

I also have to add that I absolutely love my most recent neckwarmer, I've been wearing it out and around the house and it really keeps me nice and warm, I want to make some in every color! They are a nice little accessory to have this time of year.

No comments: