Friday, November 16, 2007

Lurking

Ok so I'm a big time lurker. I lurk on knitblogs I lurk in ravelry forums, I even go through people's ques (hey, it's great for getting ideas). I feel like a stalker so I'm attempting to speak out more, I made two comments on blogs and a few ravelry posts this week! I think my reluctance to speak comes from my incredibly shy nature and from my self consciousness. I don't feel I have much to add if someone has received 25 comments on how nice something looks, but I am determined to give input if it is requested and I think I have valuable info to add. After all, I would want people to do the same for me. Stumbling into the knitblog world has really helped me, I've learned new techniques and been introduced to ravelry which I absolutely adore. I updated my sidebar to include most of the blogs I read regularly, I find all of these really interesting with great knitting skills showcased. What I like in a blog is opinions on patterns, yarns, needles, anything that might open my eyes to something I may not have thought to try on my own. I'm also a big fan of pictures and mainly stick to blogs that have a fair amount (very childish of me I know) so that is what you will see represented in those blogs. I try to make my own blog something that I would want to read, something that I hope other people find helpful and fun. Maybe I also use it to shamelessly show off my cute dog too.....

Now that I've outed myself back to the knitting. I cast on for the tangled yoke cardigan and I'm loving it already, I'm never going to get these Christmas gifts done at this rate.

I think I've come to the realization that I am a sweater knitter. Maybe it is a phase but after Campanula and the Minimalist Cardigan I am just dieing to make more sweaters. I don't know if it is the process, the patterns, or having a comfy article of clothing at the end of the project but I can't seem to stop myself from casting on and preparing for more sweaters. My queue at ravelry is full of them. Feel free to go snoop in it, I'd snoop in yours :-)

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Good luck with your TYC! I have recently realized that I am NOT a sweater knitter but rather a small, intricate projects knitter.