Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ouch

What do you get when your husband is out of town, it snows 16 inches in 4 days and your neighborhood looks like this?

A really, really sore back. These pics are after Thursday's storm. I'm too tired to take any of the almost freshly shoveled yard after last night's snow. I went out this morning but I need to scrape off the driveway again before my husband gets home so he doesn't slide into my car. I have shoveled 5 times already since Thursday afternoon and I have one more time to go. It looks like it is stopping out there so after this post I'm off again. I feel like I am going to die. My poor husband has been traveling since 8pm last night on planes and cars and should be leaving the airport to come home soon. I hope the roads are ok. I personally have had enough snow for this winter, my back can't take anymore of this.
Alright, enough of my complaining. I still haven't finished my mom's gift, too much time shoveling and my arms have been too sore to knit at night. I'm hoping for today or tomorrow. My dad's hat came out way to big and is now being re-knit. I should finish that in time. I knit a little bit on the drops jacket and a few inches on my tangled yoke while at my parents house yesterday since I obviously couldn't work on their gifts.
My sister and I hit some outlets in Clinton CT in her wonderful car with heated seats (my back loves her) and we stopped into Saybrook Yarns while down there. It was a nice shop in a very cute town and conveniently near the Starbucks we were stopping in at. They have a decent selection but Woolworks and the Knitting Knook are still my favorite CT stores. It was my sister's first time in a LYS (not a knitter) and she thought it was pretty cool. She spent the time asking me for items made of this and that yarn so I don't think she minded the stop. The woman who helped us was friendly and I picked up some Lamb's Pride Bulky in sable for a trinity stitch hat. Maybe if I get at least one Christmas gift done today I can cast on. We'll see how I feel after my last shovel of the day. Sigh, I don't want to go but husband is thankfully an hour away now and he needs room to pull in. I think I deserved that yarn yesterday :)

No comments: