Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fifi

I pretty much dropped everything to participate in the sewing party and make up a set of Fifi pajamas.


This was my first Tilly and the Buttons pattern and I enjoyed it, it was also my first time with french seams so I appreciated the instructions provided. I don't have too much to say about this set. They went together pretty easily and I think they are really cute. I made a size 3 and the top fits perfectly. The shorts well... They fit fine but personal preference, I should have made a 4 and next time I will lengthen them. I just prefer my shorts a bit longer. I used Cotton and Steel Mochi Hot Cross Buns in taupe from Fabric.com. I think the fabric is super cute but it's just too stiff for pjs. I'm hoping it softens in the wash. My husband thinks this pattern is really nice, he even thought the top was nice enough to be a non pj top. I want to make a silky version in navy. I'll be on the hunt for some more appropriate fabric choices thats for sure. At some point I also want to try working these in a knit for more comfort, and hacking them into a nightgown. I have a couple of knit nightgowns that I wear a lot in the summer. I also really want to make Carolyn pjs and I think I will try to make this top as part of the set. Overall I enjoyed making these more than I thought, it was nice to take my time and focus on details. I see many more Fifi sets in my future.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

What a cute little set! Fantastic!