Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FO: Just Enough Ruffles



Pattern: Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Pearl 1.5 Skeins
Needles: Knitpicks Options US9

Finally! I loved this scarf the minute I saw it and I'm so happy with the way it came out. I used the same yarn as suggested in the same color. I knit the scarf in two days, it was extremely easy but dang those rows are long! This is my first experience with Malabrigo and I do see why so many people rave about it. The finished scarf is so thick, warm, and squishy. It will be a welcome addition with the frigid temperatures on the way. I do apologize for the grimy bathroom mirror pictures but my photographer has been working late and the light outside is gone by the time I get home anyway. The lighting in the bathroom is surprisingly good though, this is a pretty accurate representation except the slight purple hue isn't captured. I'm really starting to appreciate semi-solids for their gentle color variations and the way they add to simple patterns. I have enough of this yarn leftover to knit some toast mitts too. How I ever lived without my kitchen scale and ball winder I just don't know. It's amazing how the most simple patterns can be the most creative and versatile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! I favorited this on Ravelry, and I didn't even realize it was yours! Beautiful! Really, really elegant.