Saturday, April 26, 2008

FO: Tilted Duster

Pattern: Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan Fall 07 IK 36"
Yarn: Berocco Peruvia, 6 skeins of Chipotle
Needles: Susan Bates US9 29"
Leaf Buttons from Joann Fabrics



Finally some time for a photo shoot this week. I really like this sweater and I think it will get a lot of wear once the weather gets cool again... I had to go down a needle size to get gauge with the Peruvia, it is by far one of the softest yarns I have worked with. I am a bit concerned with how this garment will wear, the loose ends of the peruvia were already felting together while I was knitting so I'll need to be careful with this piece. The color in the photos is pretty accurate, it's a nice blend of red and brown, a great transitional piece from fire to earth in project spectrum. I made no mods to the pattern which is easy to follow. The skirt did drag on and on but really it wasn't too bad. Had I not been racing the weather I don't think it would have seemed to take forever to finish. My only issues are that the sleeves are a bit snug so only T-shirts underneath, and the collar is a bit long and floppy. I'm not taking it out but in retrospect I would have picked up a few less stitches and maybe knit it an inch shorter. Minor things and I'm still very happy. I made the 36" which is zero ease for me and it's fine, the next size up may have kept the front closed a bit more but I didn't want to risk it being too big. I saw the coconut leaf buttons on Ravelry and was so happy I found them at Joann, I think they really go well with this sweater. I've been doing lots of knitting but I want to get out and pick up some flowers for the yard so that will have to be another post. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: