Wednesday, August 5, 2009

FO: Sweet Lilly Shawl

My have I been gone awhile. I finished this several weeks ago and hoped to get some pretty beach or mountain shots but alas, our vacation was hampered by poor weather. There are only a few poor pics since the bugs in our yard have an insatiable appetite.





Pattern: Sweet Lily Shawl by Kritstin Omdahl
Needles: Knitpicks US6
Yarn: Kool-aid dyed baruffa cashwool

I do love the color of this shawl and ma glad I untangled all that yarn. I used it held double and went down two needle sizes to conserve yarn and get a slightly smaller shawl. I like the size but I could have gone with US7s, I haven't weighed the shawl but I do have a decent amount of yarn left. This was an easy knit, the construction was cool and I actually managed to memorize the wedge pattern. I most definitely was sick of knitting those wedges by the end but I really wanted the shawl. I also changed the knots to nupps since I can make one of those much easier and I'm all about easy these days. Overall this is a great knit, I would recommend it to anyone and can't wait to actually wear it.

I have another item to show, I'll try not to be so lazy and post it much quicker. I'm working on a Whisper cardigan in Malabrigo Lace (mmmmmm) but I am slowed by some really bad wrist pain. I got myself a brace to wear at night and the Twilight series to force me to take some time off from knitting. Sigh, it sucks to miss out on yoga and knitting but hopefully I can finish the sweater in enough time for it to see some wear.

1 comment:

crochetgurl said...

Beautiful! I like the little points.