Tuesday, November 13, 2007

An ungifted FO...

Thankfully technology is cooperating with me today so I can show you this
Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan from Fall 2007 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca -Under 4 skeins
Needles: Denise size US7



It's a finished Minimalist Cardigan! I have to tell you I did not like this sweater much when I first saw it in the magazine. I didn't really have any plans on making it until I began to see them in blogland and now I have to say I love this sweater. It is so cute! I originally started knitting this because I got some yarn pretty cheap from a store closing sale and was going to gift it to my sister in law. A word to the wise, don't try on gifts for a photo shoot. You may like them too much. To be fair I don't think this is exactly her style and I think she'll find it to itchy. At least this is what I'm telling myself... I think this came from my revelation on gift knitting. I'm only gifting things to people who really want them and will really enjoy them. It seems a waste of time and money if my knits end up in some drawer never to see the light of day. I don't want to give someone a gift they don't like as well. Anyway, I knit the smallest size and it is a little snug but I wore it to work today with a tank top underneath and it was so comfy. I can totally see myself making another one someday. This took about a month with other knitting projects in between. The only mods I made were the three-needle bind offs for the shoulders which I really think made the sweater much neater. I am getting better at seaming but I can't say I love it. I think I will employ this technique more often.


I have a lot more work to do on my mom's gift but it is slow going. It doesn't help that I did this


and got my needles for it today. I see a tangled yoke cardigan in my future!


No comments: